Wednesday, January 11, 2006

a story, about a chinese girl and a malay girl. nope. not sepet.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
this is aunt nawal@helen.

she's my mom's childhood friend. she's chinese, converted and got married at a young age. lepas dapat 2 orang anak, she went off to london with her beloved hubby. she came back 2 years ago and haven't got the chance to see my mom. i suppose she's hooked up with settling down here in malaysia. she did call initially but i guess she got occupied with stuff. it was my mom who got in touch with her, through me, as i saw her son's profile in friendster. i quickly get her number from his son and my mom called and smsed her ever since.

yesterday, she came to the house and they were like young ladies again. they talked, laughed and teased each other.

my mom always tells me stories about her and aunt helen when they were small girls. they would play and lepak at each other's place. my mom's apart of her family and she's apart of my mom's family. on ramadhan, while muslims are waiting to break fast, she'll be coming over to the house before the adzan and break fast together. i find that so sweet and comel.

a chinese girl with a dress and a malay girl with her baju kurung, sitting side by side, while waiting for maghrib.

and when they were young girls, they do girly stuff, catch movies(i find it truly disappointing when my mom makes not-approving-face whenever i said i wanna go for movies.huh!), they even wear the same dress. hahahahaha!

and now, at a rather old ages, they compared medicines! pills for high colestrol, for high blood pressure, vitamins, and the list went on and on. i can't hide my smiles when they were discussing these on the dining table.

i'm happy for them. they still have things that are similar - they share the same medications.hikhikhik!

and i hope, they'll stay healthy to share happiness with their grandchildren in future.

No comments: