Monday, May 31, 2004

.:.smelly weekend.:.

assalamualaikum fellow readers!

it’s been helluva week!hehe...after camerons,me and the family went for durian & manggis hunting trip to muar,my mak long’s place.she got so annoyed with,maybe,hundreds of durians at her house that she decided to call all of us to come by.we arrived,had some durians which my aunt has readily took out the creamy and sweet fruit from its ‘thorny attire'...hehehe



then,we decided to have a look at the orchard,which are at the back of the kampung house turned terrace..hehehe..of course,picking the durians, as well as those dark purple coloured manggis.the durians are hanging all over the tree and it was quite a scenery.

i was kinda startled when my mak long told me that these small little ones are called ‘durian pongkes’...huhuhu...fashionable name,i would say!after all the sweats picking the durians,we head home and planned for our next ‘war’-attacking those manggis..we had our lunch,a nap for me and continued eating freshly peeled durians..


at around 4pm, we head for the orchard again with this long specially modified pole that we use to pluck those sky-high manggis.the tip of the pole is being cut and stuffed with a small unripe manggis so it’ll stay opened.then, rise the ‘weapon’,make sure that the manggis is inside the tip of the pole and just give it a twist.


me and my dad got cramped muscles because we were tipping our head up to search for the manggis..and my mom-the pointer(my dad give her the nickname) coz she was like "ahh tuuu…kat atas daun tuu...".."ahh tuu…atas kepala…ahhh..tinggi lagi"...huhuhu...

we had fun,and i had my loafers torn.anyways,it was worth it!

1 comment:

she-blocks said...

taqriz -- memang besh masuk dusun.semut,nyamuk gigit,panas,dah tak heram...

mata melilau..dongak ke atas,carik manggis....tunduk ke bawah,carik durian celah semak...huhuhuhu....